Welcome to the EDST Blog
We respectfully acknowledge that our work at UBC takes place on the ancestral and unceded territory of the Musqueam people (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm).
This blogsite provides a forum for the EDST community (faculty, instructors, graduate students, and staff) to share ideas and to engage in conversation with others.
The impetus is the COVID-19 pandemic, which has created new social relations and priorities. Contributing by adding posts or commenting on posts will allow us to stay engaged while social distancing.
Please keep it going through your responses and contributions!
- Call for Submissions – Deadline Oct 5th
- Laziness, racism, and systemic change
- Why I Can’t Hold Space for You Anymore, a self-examination exercise
- Academic Indian job description, a poem
- No One Matters Until Black Lives Matter
- The durable archaeology of anti-black racism in North America
- Part 4: Working students
- Part 3: A climate of change?
- Part 2: People living in poverty
- Part 1: Our Elders