Reflective Post on Assignment III

(source: http://lukekenny.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/174/)

After one month of hard work on our Marketing video, it is finally finished and will be presented in front of the class. The assignment is a rewarding practice for all Marketing students, because not only our marketing knowledge was testified in planning, filming and editing for the video, team bonding was also greatly enhanced.

To begin, our group sat down at a meeting room in Canaccord Learning Commons to plan the video, and we decided that we’ll be capturing the busyness of Vancouver to portray the place and promotion strategies for Zara. Also we’ll go into Zara to conduct a store tour to demonstrate Zara environment, price and product.

Few days after, we borrowed a HD Handycam from CLC and headed down to Robson Street and Pacific Centre. After few hours of shooting, we obtained a lot of raw videos about Vancouver’s skyscrapers, office towers and commercial district for our voiceover’s background, the Zara store, and interviews of pedestrians who just walked out from Zara for their opinions about Zara.

After the filming was done, we edited the video using iMovie. None of us knew how to operate the iMovie program, but after we watched Youtube tutorials and used Google to find blog posts about iMovie together, we coped with all technical difficulties and produced this video. My team worked diligently to assure video quality and we always consult each other before making a decision.

This assignment is an important lesson for our team to apply our marketing knowledge, to put together a marketing portfolio, and to play around with video making. Both I and my team learnt a lot in this process and we strengthened the relationship with each other, and I’m glad that the time we spent in DML and video shooting paid off!