About the Study

Thank you for your interest in our research! Unfortunately at this time we are no longer recruiting new participants for this study.

Who is conducting this research?

The study is being conducted by the Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Lab in the Department of Psychology at the University of British Columbia. The primary investigator is Dr. Joelle LeMoult, and the co-investigator is her graduate student Bita Zareian.

What is this research study? 

Our research study aims to look at the impact of COVID-19 on adolescent psychological wellbeing and friendships.

Am I eligible? 

Adolescents that are between 12-18 years old and are fluent in English are eligible to participate.

Why is this research being done?

The current COVID-19 pandemic represents a critical opportunity to understand predictors of resilience and wellbeing among adolescents. This project aims to investigate how changes in attending school and seeing friends influence the psychological wellbeing of adolescents during this time.

What will I be doing?

Participating adolescents will be asked to complete an online survey about their emotions, feelings and thoughts. This survey will take approximately half an hour to complete.

6 months after the completion of this survey, participating adolescents will be asked to complete another 30-min online survey about their emotions, feelings and thoughts.

Will I get compensated for my time?

We are very grateful for your participation! The completion of the first survey is not associated with compensation. However, you will receive a $10 gift card after completing the second survey.

How do I participate?

Click here to learn more about participating in our study!

Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns about this study?

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at covidresponse@psych.ubc.ca