Peer Review For Lia’s Definitions

Peer Review / Term: sophistication

Dear Lia,

Thank you for taking the time to submit Assignment 1:3 for our writing team to review. The following will be my review of your assignment, and I will do my best to outline any strengths and weaknesses that I found in your work. By doing so I hope I am able to help you build on what is already a great definition of your chosen term: sophistication.

First Impressions:

Your chosen word is an interesting choice, and I mean that in the best way. I myself have never sat down to understand the word in detail, and your outline allowed for me to discover something new. For example, I always believed that sophistication could be attributed to wealth and class. However, after reading your definitions I was interested to find out that it can also be related to “worldly wisdom”. However, even though your work helped me understand your chosen term, I would have liked for more information in a couple of places. I believe that if I were your supervisor and you presented me with this document I would approve it, however, I would ask for you to revise it slightly; specifically your use of a visual (more on that below).

Organization:

I thought you did a really good job organizing the assignment, as each heading is clearly labelled, which makes it easy for the reader to follow along. You stay on track throughout the assignment and I see no off-topic instances that take away from your term.

Visual:

While I like the visual, and understand what it is depicting, I feel as though some sort of comment on it is warranted. In turn, this should strengthen your assignment, by offering an added description of your term.

References:

For an assignment of this size your works cited list is good. Also, the structure of your list of resources is completed perfectly to MLA standards.

Overall:

The assignment that you have presented is put together very well, as I believe that structure is important when attempting to describe something to an unknowing recipient. I believe that by revising your assignment to better explain your use of a visual, and perhaps adding a bit more explanation to each category would really bring together this assignment turning it from a great assignment into an excellent one. Perhaps, one extra resource might help you in acquiring more information on the term.

Additional Comments:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your assignment, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. You write well, as it shows throughout your assignment. Thank you for your submission.