YOU Attitude Memo – Madison Davies

MEMORANDUM

To: Evan Crisp

From: Madison Davies

Date: 06 March 2019

Subject: Successful Email Communication

Introduction:

I have reviewed the email sent to Professor Lambert on your behalf. Please find below my recommendations that I believe will make your message more efficient and therefore increase your likelihood of receiving a response.

Tips for Effective Email Communication

The following tips can act as a guide towards more productive email communication:

• Include a message in the subject of the email which summarizes your email and write the course number
  • Address the professor in a professional manner showing respect. For example, “Good morning Professor Lambert”
  • Use proper punctuation and capitalization in your message
  • Avoid using contractions such as “it’s” and replace with “it is” to show the formality of the email. In addition, do not use slang contractions such as “ttfn”, and replace with “Best regards” or “Thank you”
  • End the message with your name, contact information, and student number

Conclusion

These tips can guide effective email communication with our peers, colleagues, and superiors. If you have any further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at my email- madisonadavies@gmail.com

Best regards,

Madison Davies

Hi all! My name is Madison Davies and I am in my last semester at UBC. I joined this course very late but I'm hoping to be able to catch up and add to the collaborative work environment, as well as be an asset to my team. I am studying sociology and psychology. After graduation, I hope to find a career in PR or Communications as that is where most of my work experience is. I enjoy being active and hanging out with my friends and family. My hobbies include makeup, fashion, and taking care of my dog.