M-M-M-Music Monday.

RA Alumni Night

Today, I went to the Residence Advisor Alumni Night in Marine Drive Residence. In this photo, alumni of UBC who were also Residence Advisors put together a panel to talk about their experiences. Matt Corker was there too, because he is everywhere at UBC. I just noticed the other day that he’s the guy from one of the “Youbc” pre-admissions site videos that I watched before I accepted my offer of admission last year. I should have guessed that he was an RA. You might be able to see his fo-hawk in the front row. Hey Matt!

Just to let you know, I’d absolutely love the chance to be a RA and mentor a whole floor of first years. I applied and we’ll see what the universe has planned out for me. If not, I’ve got my sights set on being a part of the lovely TPRA next year. Woo endless amounts of student involvement!

Today I bought an almost nude UBC Men’s Rugby Team calender when they conveniently showed up at my dorm room door. It’s pretty hilarious and I’ll admit they are pretty good looking. You know how it is, I’m supporting UBC Varsity Athletics, I’ll do whatever it takes even if it means buying photos of good looking men or having them autograph their month in the calendar. It’s tough stuff supporting UBC Athletics but someone needs to do it.

Also, this week the VASA/AHSA (the cool kids club that I’m a part of) has the “Im/Perfect Bodies” art exhibit in the Sub Gallery. Go check it out! I’ll be volunteering there during the week for Arts Week. It’s wicked cool because there is art from non-visual arts students and photos of Ski and Board Club guys kicking each other in their manly areas. Go!

Now for some music. I wasn’t sure what to choose for this. Lately, It’s been Tegan and Sara, Phoenix, Jack Johnson and the Hood Internet. That’s my diet. School already is super busy, super cool, and super nuts all at the same time. It’s only the second week and I can feel the pressure building. I need to study some French vocab tonight, read some poetry for English Lit, and my “To Do’s” in my dorm room reads, “buy Katie a kitten or puppy!” So I better get on that.

Here is Don’t Haunt This Place by The Rural Alberta Advantage. Kyle R is jumping up and down as he reads his RSS and finds out that I’m posting music he introduced me to. Guess who has tickets to see them and City and Colour during the Olympics, Kyle?

YouTube Preview Image

6 thoughts on “M-M-M-Music Monday.

1. Erica Post author

Thanks for the loving. You are too jealous of your brother. Your face is all over my blog. The banner.. The photo of me in my bio… I thought I didn’t know you?

2. Matt Corker

Erica! I hope you are successful in your application to be an Advisor. It was definitely one of the best experiences I had at UBC. So all the best! Also – next time you see the faux-hawk, come say hi!

3. Kyle

Ahahah Yesss! Reading this on my RSS feed at work. Also awesome are “Dethbridge in Lethbridge” and “Drain the Blood” and the whole rest of the album. Lucky concert-goer, I’m considering taking a day off to see them, not really a C&C fan though.

P.S. Hi Megan!

4. Carman

Nice work on exploring lesser known Canadian bands. 5 stars! Check out Patrick Watson if you haven’t heard his stuff yet. It is lovely.