Hi from Venice!

Its really rainy here, and hard to use this Italian keyboard in a little internet cafe by the train station, but I wanted to let everyone know that Im currently traveling Europe with my friend AJ from UBC before I move to Kenya for the summer and it has been awesome.

We just finished up Paris and are in Venice and Milan for a few days before doing the south of France, Barcelona and then up to London to finish it off. Afterwards, I will be interning at a healthcare and school facility in Mombasa, Kenya called Camp David through the Foundation for Sustainable Development (fsdinternational.org).

I hope to blog as much as I can (internet access depending) so until I arrive in Kenya, I have a few things to share about Paris and Venice.

Disneyland Paris is a lot of fun when you have mini mouse ears and Space Mountain has only 5 minute lines, tea cups to ride in, and everyting is bilingual in case you cant understand what French Peter Pan is saying. Win win win.

In Paris, you may come across random bread festivals, see many space invaders (google it) on the corners of buildings, and get lost in the Egypt exhibit in the Louvre. I take this information from personal experience.

Napping in random gardens is acceptable in Paris and everyone dresses better than you with their cool European stores and fashion sense.

Venice rains so much more than Vancouver. It only took 5 minutes outside for my pants to be fully soaked through and the copy of Hamlet that I bought from Shakespear & Co from Paris was ruined even though I had it in my backpack.

Venice is just as confusing as the lay out of Egypt exhibit in the Louvre while it is under construction. So many dead ends, so many staircases that just lead to water, and so many bridges that just look like the last. There are three things in Venice to buy. Something made out of glass, masks, and I heart Venice clothings. AJ will probably buy at least two out of those three things. I think the rain damage on most of my stuff is worthy of a take away from Venice in itself.

Until the next internet cafe I hit, have a wonderful rest of May and I hope everyone is having a great summer!