SEE Conference!

Yesterday I attended the Social Entrepreneurship Conference hosted by Enterprise Canada at the Museum of Vancouver. It was an awesome experience because I’ve never been to the museum, it was right by the water (like everything in Vancouver), and I got to learn about the history of White Spot! haha. I’m sure you’ll see photos from the event by Rabi, fellow Blog Squader, who was there too! I also developed a business plan for an “Art Hub” in Vancouver that would offset the major arts budget cuts that are currently happening in BC. Some speakers told me a few cool things like employee appraisals will not make an employee work better for you and that 22 people touch your coffee before you get it!

Did I mention I got a few compliments on my outfit? I stood out at this business casual event with my “90s” inspired colour palette. It helps a woman stand out from the black and grey of business clothing! Something you can’t see in the photos below are the awesome cream peek toe shoes complete with a wood heel. Very nicely done, H&M, on the shoes.

Dress up one

High wasted pink skirt, white pocket t shirt, and green/teal heathered cardigan.

Dress up two

My awesome necklace that is a real pocket watch!

Dress up three

Now I’ve got my trusty glasses on and I’m ready to go learn about the business world!

Update: Check out Rabi’s photos of SEE, they are now posted! Click here!

6 thoughts on “SEE Conference!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention SEE Conference! — I once found Tokyo Police Club in an airport -- Topsy.com

2. Mary Leong

OH MY GOD.

You’re Erica! I was totally there – you presented your group’s plan about art space. I remember thinking, “Why did I let my roomies talk me into wearing a grey dress while that chick’s wearing an awesome pink skirt?!”

3. Pingback: #077: Social Enterpreneurship Experience