Hello from Central BC!

My name is Laura Ulrich. I hail from the Cariboo region, which is the unceded territories of the Dakelh, Secwépemc, and Tsilhqot’in Nations. I live with my partner… who is currently on a mission to bring home our long-awaited puppy, Ruby!

I have been a high-school teacher for three years. Before that, I taught children in nature and science camps and worked as a freelance scientific illustrator. I am passionate about learning through making, so I am very fortunate to be teaching teens about digital art, graphic design/production, and computer science.

This is my fifth MET course, and I am also taking 512 this semester. I am very excited for this course, as I am always pondering new ventures… it will be nice to gain some experience to go along with my raw enthusiasm!

Here’s a photo of the view from my house a couple days ago:

a sunrise view of fields in the Cariboo, BC

4 responses to “Hello from Central BC!”

1. Erica Hargreave

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on your forthcoming puppy.

I LOVE your science illustrations! And your blending of the world of science and nature education and the media arts world very much made me smile, as that is a somewhat similar journey to my own.

2. kathleen mckenna

That is a beautiful photo!

3. raafa abdulla

Congratulations on the new Puppy. He/she will sure have plenty of places to play 🙂

4. tara davis

Hi Laura,
    That’s a beautiful view!
    I checked out the illustrations. They are awesome! Does that site have any K-1 science curriculum resources?