Insight Learning Engine

I have often become frustrated by the hard segregation between instructional design and media production when it comes to eLearning design. In my creation, I have attempted to address the issues I encounter on a daily basis in my work as an eLearning designer.

Insight Learning Engine solves the fragmented workflow of modern tech-leveraged instructional design through a contemporary all-in-one solution which provides course planning, lesson design, and media editing in one application.

Elevator Pitch

Venture Pitch

8 responses to “Insight Learning Engine”

1. sundeep lail

HI Ryan,
    Its an interesting concept, but from your pitch, I didn’t get the problem, why do people need it.
    I also noticed that you took your elevator pitch and put it into the venture pitch. You may want to add some slides or other aspects that can make it more engaging.

1. ryan valley

Thanks Sundeep, that is helpful feedback. Looking back on it now I think if I rearranged the content of the elevator pitch to start with the problem that would have been a better approach and then add some alternate imagery.

2. ben zaporozan

Hi Ryan,

You’ve certainly identified a problem to solve. It’s a tricky one. There are many authoring tools and robust authoring systems, but the systems are difficult to use as you rightly indicated and the design elements, when available, require specialized tweaking (or new CSS) for the outputs to match the branding of the institutions, associations, and companies that use them.

I sit on a variety of monthly application stakeholder meetings and this authoring and learning design problem is always an agenda item alongside data analytics and platform stability. Even with standardized outputs, like in an ebook design, there is still a lot of work to be done.

Since you outline a legitimate problem, what I might suggest is that you incorporate a few images with examples from the competition and then briefly point to their proposed/perceived benefits along with your thoughts where the companies are too optimistic (screenshot with arrows would be sufficient). You mention Adobe, and I agree with your comments. Maybe add something like Articulate 360 or remarks about authoring tools versus supposed all-in-one learning management systems.

Best,
    Ben

1. ryan valley

Thanks Ben, those are great suggestions, it would help to make the problem more clear to people who might not be familiar with what I am talking about. Originally I had considered it having an overarching LMS component but the scope of that project just seemed too complex to overanalyze and explain in a short time!

3. Feng Mao

Hi Ryan,

You have nailed down a very practical problem that many of us have experienced and from your description, theoretically it would be able to solve the problem. I have the same suggestion like Ben and Sundeep, if you could add a few images to give us a bit more visualized information would help us better to understand your concept.

Thanks for sharing!

Feng Fiona Mao

1. ryan valley

Thanks Feng for your helpful feedback, I can now see that it would benefit from some more imagery of the examples I am discussing to better illustrate the problem and proposed solution.

4. Erica Hargreave

Hi Ryan,

FEEDBACK:
    You articulate the need here well and your plans for Insight Learning Engine, but in doing a venture pitch you need to leave those to whom you are pitching some materials so that they can review after the fact on their own time and digest everything. For this reason rather than being a talking head throughout your venture pitch video, I’d recommend showing your slide deck rather than yourself in the venture pitch video with some of the key points and images throughout with your audio narrative walking people through the project. This way too you won’t see the choppiness of your edits on camera. If you haven’t seen it already, take a look at Yannick’s venture pitch video, as that gives a good example of what I am talking about.

1. ryan valley

Thanks Erica, those are great suggestions, I can see how creating a slide deck to go along with the script would help demonstrate things.