Hello World, I’m Adrian

Hello world, I’m Adrian.

I am very excited to be in this class as I love to make. My background is in engineering and then quickly my focus turned to education. I have taught in a lot of different formal and informal settings from physics at BCIT, design and safe tool usage at MakerLabs, a makerspace in Vancouver, and sailing in summer camps.

Currently I hold two part time positions, one with the Faculty of Land and Food Systems at UBC as an Online Learning Designer in the Learning Centre where we support faculty pedagogically and technically. My other position is teaching screenprinting remotely with Wachiay Studio. We have built a teaching and learning program from the ground up starting in August, 2020. We are using a wordpress site, similar to this as the LMS (inspiration came from a previous class I took from David). Currently we are teaching our second cohort of students. You’ll be able to see student’s reflection posts, but much of the educational content is hidden.

When I’m not working or studying, I like to explore the outdoors – I am so excited for summer. We are planning to hike the North Coast Trail at the end of June if restrictions lighten!

12 responses to “Hello World, I’m Adrian”

1. Siobhán McPhee

Wachiay Studio sounds really interesting. I’d love to hear more.

1. adrian granchelli

Hi Siobhán,

It’s a lot of fun, this is the website we’ve built and I’d be more than happy to answer any specific questions

https://screentheworld.org/

2. adriana silvestre

Hi Adrian,
    Nice seeing you in this course. I look forward to taking another course with you.
    Adriana

1. adrian granchelli

Hi Adriana!
      Nice to see you again too 🙂

3. Joyce Lo

Hi Adrian! It’s nice to see someone familiar. Looking forward to learning together again????!

1. Joyce Lo

FYI, the “????!” was supposed to be a happy face emoji!

1. adrian granchelli

Hi Joyce,

Me too! It’s nice having familiar faces 🙂 / ????! lol

4. Feras Alachek

Hi Adrian,

It seems that you lead a busy lifestyle. I have always thought that holding two part-time jobs can be challenging but very empowering. I like that you are versatile and engaged in different teaching positions.

Looking forward to learning with you.

1. Adrian

Hi Feras,

I wasn’t intending to have two part jobs, but I’ve been doing it for almost a year now and absolutely love it. The diversity from each position is very complementary and stays interesting. I will say that time management/maintaining a schedule between the two is quite challenging.

5. SallyB

Hi Adrian,
    You sound busy!
    Sometimes to busier I get, the more efficient I become. Let’s hope that holds true for us all. 🙂

6. tiffany ku

What a diverse range of skills and experiences you have acquired through your jobs and passions! I am also a big advocate of “making” via educational play and the design process and will bring it into the classroom whenever I have the opportunity to. Would love to learn more about screen printing from you and collaborate with you throughout this course!

See you around!

1. Adrian Granchelli

Hi Tiffany,

Definitely after acquiring my diversity of experiences, I value it so much and have been able to draw many connections. I would be happy to chat screen printing anytime and collaborate!