Eduardo Rebagliati – Introduction

Hello everyone,

Nice to see some familiar faces and names, and happy to meet new people as well.

My name is Eduardo and this is my fourth semester in the MET program. I was born in Canada and grew up in Peru, where I currently live. Throughout my life I’ve been living in these two countries, so maybe next semester you’ll find me in Canada!

I studied music and multimedia production at York University in Toronto. After that, I came back to Peru and started teaching music production courses at a university. I’ve also worked in the advertising industry as an audio, music, and multimedia producer.

I started the MET program last January and have learned a lot about educational technology. It has also been a rewarding experience of personal growth. I’ve completed 6 courses so far and, although I have some favorites (ETEC 524, ETEC 512), I appreciate how each course offers a unique learning experience. Every semester I get a feeling of entering a ‘new world’ not just of content but also of methodology and interactive experiences with peers. I can see this will be the case for ETEC 522 as well given its unique format and theme.

As an artist, innovation and creativity are subjects that interest me, so I am excited about this course. As I have learned more about educational technology and education in the MET program, I’ve become more passionate about the art of education and it’s going to be great to mix this with innovation, creativity, and product design.

Looking forward to learning with/from you!

Best,

Eduardo

PS. Here’s a headshot of me. For some reason, my picture is not showing up on UBC Blogs even though I have updated it in Gravatar. If anyone knows what the problem might be, please let me know.

4 responses to “Eduardo Rebagliati – Introduction”

1. Nathan Bishop

Hello Eduardo! It is great to connect with you. I too am on my 7th MET course. I also really enjoyed ETEC 512 (I just took it last semester).

I used to love making music for fun (when I had more time) and I always used Garageband on Mac. I no longer use a Mac so I don’t really know what programs are out there. If you know of any inexpensive web-based tools for basic music production, I’d love to know. I am hoping to get back into it a little bit.

Looking forward to working with you in this course!

2. Ally Darling-Beaudoin

Hi Edu, nice to see you again! You have made great progress since starting out in January – congratulations! Look forward to learning with you this term.

3. Aaron Chan

Hi Eduardo – nice to meet you.

If you haven’t already, maybe try deleting the image and re-uploading it/ensuring Gravatar is linked to the correct account? I’m not sure..

4. mary hui

Hi Eduardo!
    It is very nice to see you again this semester. Looking forward to learning with you again this term!