Bonjour from Montreal- It’s Cold

I am glad to see some familiar faces. Along with this course, I am also in ETEC 580 directed study project working with faculty members from Islamic Studies at UoT on an eCampus Ontario project. After this semester, I will have 2 courses remaining in the MET program. I am a librarian by profession and have worked at McGill Libraries for many years; my last role was Head Librarian. Then, I moved to Miami, Florida, to work at the University of Miami Libraries as Head Education and Outreach and their Digital Media Lab.

Due to the pandemic, we are currently on a semi-lockdown. However, it is -23 today and snowing hence the picture below.

I am taking this course because, as educators, sometimes we need to assess innovation before implementing it. I have also noticed that we often do not have input in ventures related to learning technology. Also, I would like to learn about emerging technologies and thinking outside of the box about designing.

I am looking forward to learning and contributing.

Bonjour from Montreal- It’s Cold

5 responses to “Bonjour from Montreal- It’s Cold”

1. Marie-Eve Masse

Bonjour Anna!
    I believe this is our first course together? I see the snowy Montreal picture but the mention of University of Miami, are you currently doing that role remotely or have you moved on? Looking forward to learning with you,
    Mev

2. Anna Ayoung-Stoute

Hi Marie-Eve,

I moved back to Montreal wanting a career change. Therefore, joined the MET program with hopes of blending both worlds i.e. Libraries and EdTech
    Nice to e-meet you Mev!

1. Marie-Eve Masse

That sounds like a great transition, Anna!

3. brendan stanford

Hi Anna it’s nice to see you again for another course! We also had a chilly start to the new semester last week in Kelowna and daily dumps of snow (there’s my exercise for the week), but Kelowna has now warmed just above 0 which has made for a nice break. It will be interesting comparing this course to 523 on Mobile learning, as both areas have some obvious potential crossovers, though I’m most excited to see what emerging technologies are upcoming as well.

1. Anna Ayoung-Stoute

Hi Brendan,

Nice to see you again too!!! Yes, this will be interesting to see the path of this course compared to 523. One similarity is that we are in technology wilderness, so I do not know what is around the corner.