ISTE – ED Surge Product Index

“ISTE CEO Richard Culatta talks about how the newly launched EdSurge Product Index can help educators select the right tools by providing better data and information to make those choices easier. The index helps educators compare and contrast different tools and apps, and it includes vital information about interoperability as well as safety and privacy safeguards so educators can make the decisions that are right for their students.”

5 responses to “ISTE – ED Surge Product Index”

1. trevor laughlin

HI Petros,

I can really see the value in this for those people who are time crunched. As an educator, I see the value. I do wondering about the ‘monkey wrench’ of administration turning around and saying “Sorry, you can only used board approved software.”

T

1. Petros Katsigiannis

Hello Trevor,

I do agree with you what mentioned. At the same time, maybe this would be an opportunity to present findings to the board and potentially make them comprehend the importance of this tool? At the same time, (I believe) each school board should have a working division that focuses on finding/implementing ed.tech resources that can help improve the learning/learning experience of students.

2. sage capogreco

Hi Petros,

Good share! The first line of this video screams elevator pitch: “We just don’t have any excuse to not take advantage of the tools in front of us in order to make learning as efficient and effective as possible.”

He describes the product in only a line or two, but the shortness has impact because it leaves you wanting to know more. Asking for feedback from the users as a way to get traffic to the tool is a great sales tactic in this case.

1. Petros Katsigiannis

Hello Sage,

This is exactly what I was thinking as I was watching this video. For me it was a great elevator pitch. It was concise, yet it provided me with enough for me to look even further into the product. After watching the second video I shared, I further realized how useful this tool can be for teachers to narrow down resource options that can fit in their classroom environment. I hope to use this tool one day if I am ever unsure which resource would best benefit my students learning.

3. EmilyOlson

Yes, I would invest in this venture because I can immediately see the value of the tool. It presents a unique solution to the issue of trying to determine which technology in a saturated market is best suited for a given purpose. Additionally, ISTE is a reputable name that I trust to analyze key aspects of learning technology in an objective way. The pitch seems genuine and it’s easy for me to feel enthusiastic about it – partially because (as someone mentioned above) the necessity of the product is explicitly outlined in persuasive way early in the pitch, but also because this resonates with my own experiences and needs. The only part I’m unsure about is the ask (as this seems to already be developed) and the return (as it appears to be a free service). But the niche the product fills and the name behind it is enough to get me on board.