A3 Venture Pitch: Schoolink

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

8 responses to “A3 Venture Pitch: Schoolink”

1. SafaaAbuSaa

FEEDBACK: This is a novel idea, however, the target market is not very wide, and the projected revenues could be larger if more functions are added.

2. Kendal

REVIEW: Hi Joseph, thank you for developing a professional, well thought out venture for this assignment. It really sounds like a great idea, and I was interested to discover that you did not find any direct competitors with this product (thanks for listing the various indirect competitors that are around). Your elevator pitch and website provided a lot of great information, were easy to follow, and checked a lot of boxes from the perspective of an EVA. I think you clearly identified a problem around existing PA systems, and have come up with a creative solution that would work in a variety of settings. I especially like the connectedness of the Schoolink platform where they can communicate to each other. You provided useful information in your target market and market projections, and I like your business model (happy to see an annual subscription fee in addition to purchasing the device). One thing that comes to mind from the perspective of an EVA is you could have included some information about the team behind Schoolink, and why you are well suited to roll out this product. But really, this is a comprehensive project and I would consider investing. Thank you!

3. EmilyOlson

FEEDBACK: This is an interesting combination of tools, all of which are important in schools. I liked that you used Porters 5 forces for analysis (hadn’t seen that before) and that the device and subscription are so affordable. However, I had the thought that a tablet hooked up to a good speaker could probably do something similar with the right apps and settings. I think if this was marketed as an inexpensive app for iOs + Android to combine all of these functions, rather than a separate device, it might increase potential for success.

4. alexei Peter Dos Santos

FEEDBACK: Hello Joseph, Schoollink has a mix of activities tailored for schools and educational purposes. Although competitors are established in the market, they have not focused on the Education area. I believe that this focus makes the product differentiated and with ample possibility of investment.
    Project with great prospects.

5. Petros Katsigiannis

FEEDBACK: Hello Joseph, Schoolink seems like a great tool that will help to transition from the traditional classroom and into the more digitally moulded classroom. Your concept of integrating several digital assistantships devices into one device is a good one. I really like the design of the Schooling device. Great work!

6. Michelle To

FEEDBACK: Great tool! It’s a new idea and I can see it being used in the classroom. However, as you have mentioned as well, there is not urge to switch the public announcement system and it somehow defeated the purpose of announcement (which is to notify you abruptly to get your attention from what you’re doing). Will there be an incentive that you could suggest to increase the potential implementation of Schoolink? Overall, I think this is great.

7. Liana

REVIEW:
    Hi Joseph, your Schoolink presentation was very well done, has excellent aesthetics and had clear details related to the problem, solution and analysis. Your use of Porter’s 5 Forces as an EdTech analysis tool was succinct and informative. I believe that you identified a problem that many educators may not have even realized was a problem as they have become accustomed to traditional routines. Allowing educators to recognize how their daily routines can become less disruptive and more efficient is going to be part of the modernization of classrooms. Schoolink looks ahead to the future of education and has the potential to create a new market in the EdTech space. You did a thorough market analysis and being that there are no direct competitors, and you are first to market, is a selling point to me as a potential investor. Your indirect competitors being the big 5 tech companies concerns me. I can see this becoming an area that Google may choose to venture into. Aside from this concern, your business model is well-detailed and shows the excellent potential Schoolink has to grow. Great work with this venture!

8. Scott Hladun

FEEDBACK: Hi Joseph, thank you for sharing your very intriguing venture pitch. I found your elevator pitch to really draw me in, and I wanted to learn more about Schoolink. Your pitch seemed very well researched, and you presented the information in a way that was very accessible to non-educators who may not understand the benefits for this kind of technology. I especially appreciated your modest estimates regarding your business projections, and positioning among potential competitors. This is a tool I can see being a staple in the classrooms of the future, especially as we move to more individualized, tailored solutions with technological advancements such as AI allowing educators to unload much of the administrative tasks in order to focus on teaching.