Kokoni Sota 3D Printer

Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kokonisota3dprinter/kokoni-sota-3d-printer?ref=discovery_newest&term=3d%20printer

4 responses to “Kokoni Sota 3D Printer”

1. Nick Robitaille

Yes, I would invest in this venture.
    I may have misread the instructions and wrote a pitch for this…here it is:

Attention fellow Educational Venture Analysts,

Introducing the Kokoni Sota 3D Printer, a game-changer in STEM, Art, Engineering, and Design education. This Kickstarter-funded printer is up to 10 times faster than existing models, prints in seven colours at once, and operates quietly and compactly.
    As a STEM teacher, I see immense value in investing in this venture. My current printer’s speed of 120mm/sec pales in comparison to the Kokoni Sota’s impressive 600mm/s. Additionally, the ability to print in multiple colours unlocks limitless creative possibilities for students.
    The Kokoni Sota addresses teachers’ frustrations with slow printing times and limited colour options, making it an invaluable tool for enhancing student projects and learning experiences.

Join me in revolutionizing education with the Kokoni Sota 3D Printer.

2. zheng xiong

No, I would not invest in this venture. Even though the 2 minute video pitch is visually engaging, and provides a quick overview of how this product can be used in various scenarios. It is a compelling pitch video that showcase the capacity and versatility of the final product.

Essentially, this pitch is selling an idea. Because the product hasn’t been built yet. As an investor, I worry about the risks of financial loss if we choose to back up this project. It says “rewards aren’t guaranteed”, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kokonisota3dprinter/kokoni-sota-3d-printer/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false.

What are the gains for investor if this project is launched successfully? What are the potential loss if this project is failed? From an investment point of view, I don’t recommend putting a huge sum of money but perhaps an acceptable amount of money that you don’t mind losing. This investment can be considered as venture money – high risk, and the gains are not explicitly communicated or predictable. Perhaps that’s where is project initiator should be more clear about.

3. C DeFazio

The Kokoni Sota 3D Printer is definitely innovative and is something that I would personally love to get my hands on for my school. The use of this printer is endless and it gives students a chance to look into the future of educational tools and create at their will. The concept is feasible and the following could be quite large as the 3D printing community is growing and developing new and exciting features regularly as schools are purchasing them quite regularly. The venture appears to be credible given its existing product and positive user reviews in the kickstarter campaign. I feel that this video really targets a young audience who are full of creativity and wonder. The items that they print in the pitch would definitely hook the viewers but I would have loved to see more of an educational mention here. I would be an investor, I’m in, but I feel that an elevator pitch can give much more information than shown here.

4. Braden Holt

No, I would not invest in this venture. As an investor I found the pitch to be highly dramatized and in reality the printed product seemed underwhelming. The amount of CGI and hype around the products actually deterred me from the product, both as an investor and a customer. They seem to really be selling the point of scanning real life objects using a camera and then printing a model. A 3D printer that can print models downloaded from the internet costs as low as 10% of the cost of this machine.

Also, the entrepreneurs have turned to Kickstarter to raise funds. Kickstarter has a 39% success rate as of 2023, which does not inspire confidence. To summarize, I have doubts about the credibility of this company and they may have a low competitive edge due to their high pricing.