Pitch Pool: Cubibot the at home 3D printer for your counter

Cubibot is your choice for an at home 3D Printer that is compact but still brings with it the functionality of a full size machine. This is your home or small office 3D printer that is affordable and simple to use. Watch the pitch here…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99671519/cubibot-the-new-standard-of-modern-consumer-3d-pri?ref=discovery_most_funded&term=education

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

4 responses to “Pitch Pool: Cubibot the at home 3D printer for your counter”

1. benjamin coulombe

Really great example of a product pitch. I can see why it has been so successful in raising the necessary funding.

The pitch effectively highlights the problematic/challenging area it is addressing, discusses how and why it will be able to solve that problem (or fill that gap), and outlines additional resources that are offered in connection with the product.

Though the pitch was a little long, I do think the inclusion of the personal touch in the describing of how the printer was a passion project between a father and son significantly enhances its appeal to investors and prospective consumers as it highlights the creators own investment in delivering a successful product.

1. Mike Olynyk

Thanks for your comment Benjamin! I really liked how they made the product seem to fit neatly into the home. I think we can use an increase in accessibility to STEM for families and for children to have to “play” with in the educational sense at home. Trying to make these products fit into everyday life can help normalize them and I thought they did that well in the pitch. I do agree it was a bit lengthy though!

2. Simon Worley

I read through the pitch and watched the video and it didn’t seem to address the two main questions I have after using 3D printers in my school for years. How long does it take to create something and how loud is it? They show images of the Cubibot in the kitchen and the living room but if it is anything like 3D printers I’ve used, it will be loud and go all night to make something. The fact that this kickstarter page is that long and doesn’t address these issues means to me that they are avoiding them. The machine is probably quite loud and time consuming. Anyone who has used 3D printers in the past would immediately ask these questions. This is a large failing of the pitch in my opinion.

3. delapena

No, I would not invest in this venture. As someone who uses a 3D Printer, the small size limits what you can do. Sure it’s an entry level printer but it doesn’t allow for educational growth. When the inventor says “you can print off any object you create and design,” I’m amazed that he got away with that because, with a small device like that, you’re quite limited. I have a big enough printer at home and i am able to print off small projects and as well as bigger projects. It’s also big enough for me to learn and grow on. Furthermore, the other concern I have is the filament. They don’t show on the printer itself where the filament is loaded. For a small printer, you would be very limited to how much you can print and also what kind of spool you’d have to buy. For most 3D printers, you can buy a spool of any size and it will work with your printer.