Howdy MET 522 peers

Hello everyone!

My name is Bianca Joson. I’m still in my early stages of my MET journey. This is my 4th course. I started my career as an English as a Second Language teacher. My 5-year experience as a classroom teacher has taught me so much especially the role of technology in education. With the pandemic, this has opened my eyes to the world of Educational Technology. I thought this was a good area to study to broaden my experience with education.

Through teaching, I also found that teachers possess lots of transferrable skills. I’ve chosen to leave classroom teaching and work as an instructional design support in a corporate setting. It’s quite interesting to see how companies approach training and some changes I can offer in that regard.

I’m looking forward to taking this course as it focuses on gaining skills to becoming a successful pioneer. It does make sense that teachers or educators in general need to be pioneering products that involve educating people since they’re experts in learning after all.  

During my spare time, I like watching all sorts of movies. It doesn’t matter if it’s in a foreign language. Provide me subtitles and I’m good! In the past few years, I’ve developed an interest for wrist watches and I like reading all about their design and sometimes the history behind the brands and watches themselves.

Sometimes it is fun to go watch spotting in movies. Two of my favourite past times in one go 🙂 Here’s a YouTube video talking about some famous wristwatches in movies. View if you’re ever interested.

4 responses to “Howdy MET 522 peers”

1. Jennie Jiang

Hey Bianca! Woohoo we are in another course together, hope we are gonna have fun this term as well! I also like wristwatches and watch movies, what are the odds of that? Thanks for sharing the video!

1. Bianca Therese Joson

Hey Jennie! No way?! That’s awesome 🙂

2. Erica

Nice to meet you, Bianca! That video was very interesting – thanks for sharing. My husband is a watch collector and has a few of the ones mentioned in the video including the James Bond watch. There is so much history and story behind a lot of the watches. I believe they still use the Omega Speedmaster for any NASA space missions. Quite fascinating!

1. Bianca Therese Joson

Hi Erica! Nice to meet you too. Yeah, the Speedmaster watches are quite prolific within space missions. Once you get started collecting, you can never stop. 🙂