Kirsten’s Introduction

Hello 522ers!

My name is Kirsten, this is my 8th MET course and I am thrilled to be here!

I am an English Language Instructor, TESOL Instructor and TESOL program Coordinator with the International Department at Selkirk College.

My career has spanned four continents working, studying and volunteering for nearly two decades. I spent most of my professional life in South East Asia (SEA), the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) as a student intern, teacher trainer, language assessor, personal coach, public speaker and published author. I have also worked with various accredited and recognized, credible and reliable online institutions, such as the University of Liverpool, York University and the University of Roehampton, as a onboarding instructor, academic writing centre manager, MBA career coach, leadership instructor and dissertation adviser.

In my spare time, I am a singer/songwriter-guitarist who is also a devout WimHof pracitioner, small engine and motorcycle mechanic (2003), advanced Open Water SCUBA diver (2005), Thai Masseuse (2006), Yoga Alliance certified 800-hour Ashtanga Yoga Instructor & Teacher Trainer (2007) and Educational Kinesiologist (2011). I am an avid gardener who lives in a valley on the banks of the Columbia River with her two international rescue dogs, Yogi and Halo.

One response to “Kirsten’s Introduction”

1. Bianca Therese Joson

Hi Kirsten!

Glad to see an English Language Instructor in this class 🙂 I taught ESL for 5 years and your breadth of experience is quite amazing. You also have very interesting hobbies!