Hello, I’m Andrew.

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew and this is my first course as an MET student. I was unable to register in time to join a core course. Perhaps *fate* has placed me here!

I have been an educator for 7 years in the middle school system here in Ontario, specifically the GTA. I have worked in several roles and both relied upon and infused technology within my work to varying degrees. I have successfully completed my specialist in integration of computer technology in the classroom. That being said, I always feel like I am far away from effectively using technology to benefit the students and my own practice. 

My partner works for a large e-commerce/technology company and together we enjoy exploring the capabilities of home automation and discussing the positives and negatives of the advancement of AI. It only seemed fitting that as I looked to advance my career and grow professionally, it would involve a crossover between my experiences and one of my interests. Outside of tech, I also enjoy spending time with my large family (see below – I am in all black), exploring all the cuisine in my city (Toronto), plotting my fantasy premier league team, and staying active in the gym. 

I am nervous to take my first course, but also excited to learn from the wealth and variety of experience around me. I have NOT ventured into emerging educational technologies much since the introduction of AI and am looking forward to dialogue with all of you. I am also open to receiving any helpful tips as I dive into the program!

Andrew 🙂

2 responses to “Hello, I’m Andrew.”

1. sacree

Hi Andrew – welcome aboard! Very interesting, home automation, AI, etc. It always makes me thing of Ray Bradbury stories, ha – he may have been a bit of a prophet, but I’m optimistic we’ll have happier outcomes.

Great pic – where is it taken? Looks like down south.

Possibly helpful tips – if you feel lost like you have a tough time sorting through course stuff, just know that means many others are too. I’ve ended up in a couple of WhatsApp groups with students from various classes and it sure helps to have a bit of a community to sort through stuff with.

2. Daniel Edwards

Hello Andrew and welcome to the MET program! It looks like you have a good understanding of ventures in technology and experience in education. I am interested in home automation, but haven’t done very much with it currently. Hopefully, I’ll figure it out one day. Looking forward to learning 522 and best of luck in your new MET journey!