Analyst Report – Adaptive Reading Technologies

Are adaptive reading technologies ready to challenge Canada’s recent decline in reading scores (locally and nationwide). Is the market ready for something new? Can ministries, school boards, or schools justify investing in this technology ? What is actually ready and available?

Learn more here! Password – “learn”

One response to “Analyst Report – Adaptive Reading Technologies”

1. Rich

Hi Andrew,
    Cool product. I definitely think it tackles the problem that as a teacher mentions in one of the videos, that there is no way a teacher has the time to give each student one on one intervention and support on the same level. I think the gamified aspect is powerful, it was neat to see that kid’s face light up when it told him he read x faster than last time. I also think the meta organization of learning is one of the most useful tools this provides to track the ongoing specific summative benchmarks.
    The downside for me is just that it is more screen time for young children. I think that is hard on their eyes and changes their ability to focus on say reading an actual book. Pros and cons with everything. Definitely as useful product though. I do see some districts subscribing to software very similar to this and I believe it is valuable.
    Great job on your A1 project.