11 responses to “Check out Learning Communities A3 venture investor pitch”

1. Devon Bobowski

REVIEW – I think creating a platform to integrate after school activities and events is a very valuable tool. The business case and plan are nicely detailed. From a first overview, this seems like a tool that would really appeal to parents as opposed to teachers or other community groups, as they have the most interest in the overall scheduling and direction they want their children to pursue. I also appreciate the focus on helping encourage entrepreneurship. The data generated from the app could be very valuable in this regard – highlighting common searches, over/under supplied areas as well. There’s interesting potential there to involve community groups in building up services, local business, etc.

Recommendation: Despite my suggestions for tweaking of the plan, I believe the overall idea is sound and would recommend investment.

1. Rich

Thank you for your valuable feedback Devon!
      Rich

2. Bradley Miller

REVIEW

Hi Rich,

Thank you for sharing your venture pitch with us. The interactive presentation via Genialy was a nice touch, making it easy and engaging to navigate through your ideas. Your concept of consolidating local before and after school care programs is innovative, especially with the twist of encouraging parents and community members to participate as a potential side hustle. This raises a question about the safeguards for working with children and vulnerable groups – would there be mandatory criminal record checks and a thorough vetting process for the programs and individuals involved? Implementing a quality assurance and control mechanism seems essential, along with a review system within the app.

Expanding this platform to daycares and municipalities for a unified registration and payment system would be a smart approach. As a parent constantly searching for youth activities across various platforms, an app that aggregates options, filters by age and activity type, and even suggests activities based on a user’s history and profile would be incredibly valuable.

Your financial breakdown and growth strategy are clear and compelling. However, I’m curious about the specific costs associated with development, particularly the allocation of $200K for development and employee expenses in the first year. Will the development be in-house, or are you considering outsourcing? The models for purchasing shares and generating additional revenue through in-app purchases and advertising are attractive features.

Count me in as interested – it’s a venture I’d consider investing in!

Best,

Bradley

1. Rich

Hi Bradley,
      Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.
      I think you hit on a really important point there about safety and vetting. That would definitely need to be part of it.
      In terms of checking criminal records, proper insurance, qualifications etc. I would envision that when an instructor is creating an account it would work much in the same way as an Uber driver creating an account. They need to take a picture of their driver’s license, driver’s abstract and car insurance etc. it is then verified before approved. In the longer term, this is where I think AI can ‘help’ a lot too! (scary as that is).
      I also based it on a model of developing it in house with a partner whom I called ‘CIO’ Chief Information Officer. I would foresee a need for ongoing development as this builds out, so need a talented full time software engineer in house.
      Thank you for your vote of confidence, glad you enjoyed the read.
      Rich

3. meagan kelm

Feedback
    Hi Rich great job on your venture, I think learning community offers a promising solution to the challenges of finding and registering for after-school activities. The centralized platform to discover, register, and pay for activities, is a great way to streamline the process for parents. The economic opportunities learning community supports by providing users with the tools and opportunities to start businesses, organize activities, and generate income is a strong feature and so important for economic empowerment within communities. I think the challenge will come in adoption as well as retention. For overall success I think if you can get users to see the value and move away from traditional methods as well as focusing on retention by encouraging ongoing participation and implementing strategies such as personalized recommendations, community events, and rewards programs could help drive engagement and retention over time.

1. Rich

Hi Meagan,
      I really appreciate your thoughts on retention. I think you hit on something that investors would also ask. I had mostly focused on the retention of teachers and group admins and their incentive structure and just kind of hoped that the platform itself would be so attractive to parents. Your idea however to offer rewards or points is really good, people love that. Sponsoring or putting on community events it also something I hadn’t considered, but I think you’ve hit on a really good point there too. As it focuses on local communities, it should have a tangible presence in the community.
      Thanks for your useful feedback!
      Rich

4. aturpin

Hi Rich,

I really enjoyed your presentation. You present a very good platform for those trying to find learning communities and trying to connect with others looking for resources. My question for you is, over your enterprising platform, I do wonder what the specific way is that someone would go about finding that ultra specific platform. Are you open to all subjects and categories? If I may speak personally, as a musician, I’m always trying to find ways to connect with over musicians in the community, possibly to try and find private teachers for some of the students I teach at my school. If you don’t mind my saying, trying to find a specific area to create an enterprise under was very difficult. I think that what you’ve created here is actually very good, and a very inviting pitch at that. Good work!

Adam Turpin

1. aturpin

Sorry, that should have included: FEEDBACK

5. Bianca Therese Joson

REVIEW:

Hi Rich,

I like the motivation of your project. Growing up, especially when I was a teenager, I felt that there wasn’t a lot of activities for youth around my neighbourhood. We did have the recreation centre but as your Venture Pitch mentioned those classes can get full quite quickly. The app is also a way for lower income families to have more access to possibly affordable activities for their children.

I life the addition of an online market within the app. That’s definitely an extra source of income. In terms of logistics, who’s going to be in charge of packing and shipping the products? That may be a question that potential investors might ask.

Another major concern that I see is vetting of the teachers and activities. Does LC have a plan in place to vet these programs? If yes, how would the vetting process look like? Of course, with parents, they want to ensure that they’ll be leaving their children in good hands.

How can the app also boost its presence in the market? Attracting parents and guardians is one thing but how can it also find teachers or instructors to use the platform?
    I think overall the business has the possibility to attract investors if the questions I’ve listed above can be addressed or answered in an investor meeting. I’d be interested in possibly investmenting on the app.

6. Andrew

FEEDBACK:
    Thanks for sharing Rich – this is such a detailed pitch. The venture demonstrates several strengths that position it for success in addressing the challenges faced by parents. The emphasis on localized community groups as a unique value proposition sets it apart from competitors, offering a distinct feature that enhances user experience and engagement. Additionally, the venture’s other features, including secure payment integration, real-time availability updates, and communication platforms with teachers, provide a holistic solution that meets the diverse needs of parents.

One caveat might be the addition of new programs and services over time. This would require some implementation of a rigorous vetting process. This process can include background checks, verification of qualifications and certifications, reviews from previous participants or parents, and ongoing performance evaluations. Additionally, the platform can provide a rating and review system where parents can share their experiences and feedback. Although this isn’t necessary, it might work well to help maintain accountability and transparency in the community. Hopefully this is ready by the time I become a parent so I can take full advantage of it!

7. delapena

FEEDBACK:

Hi Rich,

I love the idea of expanding supply and connecting demand! I can definitely see the problem here and this looks like a good idea. I wonder, not to cut anyone short but would you eventually include a rating or review system? If parents and teachers are seeking this as an opportunity, would you consider a rating system? I think it would help to get that feedback for the community. Along with the feedback, I think it would make the community a lot more competitive and could open more opportunities. Other than that, very detailed! Thanks for putting this together.

Jeremiah