A3 Venture Pitch – SmartBeam Projector

Hello everyone! I am here to present to you my product, SmartBeam Projector! This is a huge step forward in educational technology for group activities in lessons!

Please check out my venture pitch and elevator pitch here: https://sites.google.com/view/venture-pitch

( Average Rating: 4.5 )

8 responses to “A3 Venture Pitch – SmartBeam Projector”

1. David Jalsevac

Hi Daniel,

It seems I don’t have access to your site.

Regards,

David

1. Daniel Edwards

Thank you for your message David. I’m not sure what happened to it, but it is all up and going now.

2. David Jalsevac

FEEDBACK:

I really think there’s something in the idea of an immersive environment that facilitates group participation. I can definitely see this venture carving out a niche for itself within the VR market given its emphasis on collaboration. Perhaps you could have leaned into this a little more in describing the pain point. I wonder if I’m thinking along the same lines as you: VR runs the risk of risking of leading to isolation. It’s often designed for individual exploration, which could result in cutting one off from others, encouraging anti-social behaviour, and leading to siloed learning. The SmartBeam projector counters this issue by emphasizing group interactions (and research suggests that students learn better in group settings) within the exciting new area of educational VR.

3. Devon Bobowski

FEEDBACK – I think this is a very useful and achievable venture. With the costs and sizes of projectors coming down significantly in recent years, the ability for schools to implement this on a large scale is becoming more likely. It also would help with some of the concerns over introducing IT for younger students (distractions, costs, equipment damage and logistics): teachers could distribute needed materials to students (such as reading material or worksheets) giving students a scaffolded way into using computer resources responsibly. Although you mention specific applications, I think there are also significant freeform uses: students could draw on

4. meagan kelm

Feedback
    Hi Daniel thanks for your work on this, I think you have an idea for a product that could provide innovative solutions for enhancing group learning experiences in schools. There has been a lot of research done on immersive environments and the benefits to learning and this is a product that could provide options for schools to explore this. You mention the use of apps already created which helps overall costs but I wondered if the availability of educational content and software specifically designed for interactive projectors may be limited. Maybe a future plan of building an offering of educational games and applications compatible with SmartBeam might help with the appeal and adoption as teachers wouldn’t have to go searching on their own for products and games that work. I also think while while the cost-effectiveness of SmartBeam compared to one-to-one device deployments is a strength, convincing schools to invest in new technology amid competing budget priorities may require targeted marketing and persuasive value propositions.

5. aturpin

REVIEW

Hi Daniel,

WOW!!! What an amazing intuitive product! I would 100% invest in this. Such an amazing way of making so many aspects of what we do as teachers accessible to all students. Every classroom would want one of these. Every classroom SHOULD HAVE ONE! I think this is an amazing way of adapting a lot of curricular materials, and making so many aspects of our lessons more interactive and responsive to all students. For me in a music class, I can think of many different applications where in which this could be useful. This is something that could be used for all subjects across the board and I like how you’re also trying to keep the cost down. Even the projector itself could be adapted and used in so many different ways. You mentioned a younger set, but I’m sure this could even be used in secondary schools as well. This can truly help move all classrooms technologically and it’s a great way to bring more technologically immersive experiences into the classroom.

Thank you for sharing.

Adam Turpin

6. Bianca Therese Joson

FEEDBACK:

Hi Daniel,

I like the idea of a projector and the ability of students to manipulate the artifacts in the projection. This can promote group learning depending on how the activities are designed. The development of this type of technology would definitely be expensive and difficult. I also think that designing the games installed within the projector will need a lot of experienced instructional designers and subject matter experts. For school districts or institutions to invest, they might need sample curriculum of the activities. This may also include lesson plans. This kind of technology can also be advertised for home use. This could be an easier way for parents to be more involved with the children when playing. This would have a bigger surface compared to the tablets we currently have on the market.

7. delapena

FEEDBACK:

Hi Daniel,

This is a really cool idea. It’s like Tony Stark meets education! I really like the idea, but I wonder after a little development, how much would an individual unit cost? I would assume that technology like this is very expensive. I know it’s too early to tell what that cost may be but if this was real, I would be very interested! Thanks for putting this together.

Jeremiah