A3: Venture Pitch – WriteCraft

No more sifting through your stack of student papers, not knowing where to begin. Take control of the assessment process with WriteCraft. Check out our pitch deck and get in on the ground floor of the revolution in writing assessment.

9 responses to “A3: Venture Pitch – WriteCraft”

1. sam

Hi David! Fascinating project. At first I immediately thought of Grammarly – during the elevator pitch – until I saw the actual focus was the analysis that goes into report writing. I think that this idea is innovative and interesting. I am concerned about the ability of AI to analyze an individual’s ability to analyze information at this point. However, I know in my line of work, there is a need to make assessments of risk and it is by far the most difficult thing to teach and assess. This type of tool would be so beneficial in making those types of assessments. Great project, Sam.

2. Bianca Therese Joson

FEEDBACK:
    Hi David,

I used to teach ELL students and I appreciate the focus of your project. It’s definitely hard to track student progress and with writing assignments. It’s also harder to mark quality of analytical writing. It takes a lot of brain power and it can be extremely tiring after marking a bunch of papers.
    At this point, I’m not sure to what extent can AI be trained to analyze writing and pinpoint specific parts of it and give feedback. Another thing to account for is incoherent writing. Can AI still parse out the analytical bits despite the chaos? Can it also parse through writing that has poor grammar?
    In terms of presentation of the venture pitch, it would’ve been if you’ve broken up the paragraphs into mini sections and incorporated some visuals.
    This type of tech can have a future if it could be integrated within an LMS. I think that could be another selling point.

3. Devon Bobowski

REVIEW – I liked the elevator pitch: it nicely summarized the need, solution and market. The tracking feature of this I think is really powerful; written feedback is useful but not usually tracked, and the ability of this to show student progress (or lack thereof) alone would make this a valuable tool. I would also add that the target market need not be limited to English teachers; in science, concise and well structured writing is valuable in lab reports and more conceptual assessments, as are prevalent in the MYP program.

Recommendation: AI has a lot of potential but also complexity in development. I would recommend a small initial investment to help develop a working proof of concept prototype, with a second investment after the idea is proven viable.

4. meagan kelm

Feedback
    I think this project has a great focus and I can see the value in something like this. I like that it is different than others with its focus on analytical writing skills, targeting fundamental aspects like evidence incorporation, contextualization, and argument coherence. Being able to stand out from others while aligning itself with the demand and growth in AI driven technology. One area I would question and want to know more about would be how much time, effort and investment would it take to maintain algorithms and what would be the marketing used to help with the adoption and acceptance of this AI tool

5. Bradley Miller

FEEDBACK

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing your venture pitch. The challenge of providing meaningful feedback and reducing the assessment burden on teachers presents a significant opportunity for innovation. However, I’m curious about the logistics of incorporating student writing into the AI algorithm you’re planning to develop. Is there a need for manual transcription of student work into digital format before inputting it into the system, or is the expectation that all student work will be completed digitally? For instances of handwritten submissions, are you considering the use of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to digitize the content? Given that OCR’s accuracy can vary, especially with the handwriting of younger individuals who are still developing their writing skills, this could present challenges.

While I believe addressing this issue is crucial, I find myself seeking more details on your execution strategy. Specifically, as an investor, I’m interested in understanding the potential return on investment and how the funding will be utilized.

Thanks,

Bradley

6. Rich

Hi David,
    I like the product, it is very clear who your consumer and customer is and there is clearly a need.
    You detailed out how this differs from Chat GTP and other bots which was helpful. I think the aspect that gives your platform an edge over ‘just’ a GTP is the portfolio aspect tracking the student’s progress over time. If you could successfully combine the power of a GTP trained for the specific task of writing feedback along with the portfolio aspect it would give your product a unique edge. I think this would be attractive to international schools to aid their teachers to spend more time with students and less time doing (necessary) marking. It would also give them measurable data that they would be keen to show off if positive.
    Great pitch!
    Thank you.
    Rich

7. Noor

Hi David,
    Great work! This initiative to invest in assisting teachers with writing/essay marking is highly important. One of my colleagues is an excellent teacher, but after many years of teaching, she decided to transition to administration due to the time-consuming nature of assessing students’ writing. While she excels at it, it consumes a significant amount of her time. My favorite aspect is the clarity and detail provided in the “how it works” section. Importantly, this stems from your own experience gained over many years of dedicated effort to improve students’ writing skills.

8. Daniel Edwards

Hi David,

I liked your elevator pitch, as it was engaging and got my attention. I also found this venture pitch interesting, both from my experience in teaching English in all four skills and the research I’ve looked into for using AI for translating written or spoken language. Your research on the subject was comprehensive, and your research on the market analysis was comprehensive, as well. As some have mentioned, I would like to see more investment in this venture, as it looks like one that would be a solid choice to invest in.

9. Braden Holt

REVIEW:

Hi David,
    I know some english teachers who would absolutely love this product. The amount of brain-melting effort to mark and provide feedback on 30 essays is not enviable. I think your pitch is clear and well communicated (as you might expect from an English teacher). As an investor I know there are going to be many competitors in this area as AI progresses, but you make a compelling case for your product. I would also wonder how long it would take and how many users you would expect to need to make a return on my investment.

I agree with Devon above that getting a small investment to create a proof-of-concept would be a safe and hopefully successful way of approaching this venture. As an investor I would support this plan.