A3 Ventures Pitch: EduPro

Hello everyone, The link below will direct you to the Venture proposal for EduPro software for school teachers’ professional development.

https://sites.google.com/view/edupro-venture-pitch/home

10 responses to “A3 Ventures Pitch: EduPro”

1. Nik Ottenbreit

Hi Noor,
    I like the concept of EduPro and wish it were already an enterprise! The lack of interactivity and collaboration is something that I find unfortunate about PDs. Your idea reminds me of when an older teacher told me about the “good old days” when there was a PD for the district I work at. He explained how various science teachers would usually get together and share their science activities that would have the most success. He went on to say how valuable these collaborative meet ups were and how he was able to acquire resources that he wouldn’t have found otherwise. While lectures can still provide valuable information, they can often be too general or have less relevance to certain teachers.

Upon going through your venture pitch, I saw you mentioned EduPro’s revenue-generating strategy involves subscription fees. I was curious to see more specifics regarding this (annual vs. monthly, rates, offerings, etc.). Also, I noticed on the Product Features page that there was an example of purchasing a course for $49. Would this be for those that are not subscribed or is this an additional fee to members?

A practical and useful idea for teachers!

2. David Jalsevac

FEEDBACK

What this sounds like is a platform for teachers building learning communities and sharing best practices online. What I like most about this idea is the potential impersonality of this, while still getting quality PD. My school relies heavily on leveraging in-house expertise to do workshops on PD days. This can create awkwardness as you have colleagues teaching and potentially evaluating one another. There is advantage to having cross-school and even cross-district collaborative workshops as PDs, where you don’t know the person personally. My main question for this enterprise is, if this works best to have practising teachers offering their services and their expertise to other teachers, how do you get these teachers, who already have their own work, to participate in this. I think it might help to clarify who exactly is providing the PD in your venture.

3. sam

Hello Noor,

Great idea for a concept. I value this teacher professional development since I have noticed how challenging implementing these types of programs at work. I recognize that some individuals have not interest or do not have the bandwidth for professional development during some points of their careers. I also recognize that it is challenging for an organization to arrange synchronous PD for all staff at the same time. Your portal to PD, coaching, and mentoring means that staff is able to tailor their PD schedule to meeting their availability. I was slightly confused about the tailored program you mention. Who tailors it and how? Great presentation! Sam

4. Andrew

Your pitch effectively addresses common pain points among educators, and I particularly appreciate the emphasis on mentorship. Meaningful discussions with both new and experienced educators have always been invaluable to me for collaborative idea sharing. EduPro’s solutions are promising and I do have some questions about its final version. Specifically, I’m curious about the data sources for insights and the hands-on learning experience (especially in an online format). Clarity on what EduPro offers in terms of professional development, with examples, and the structure of hands-on learning sessions would be beneficial.

Your competitor analysis is insightful, and I think you can already distance yourself from in-person Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) through EduPro’s mentorship opportunities. Creating official discussion channels tailored to specific subjects (e.g., middle school science or dance) could further enhance the platform’s value by facilitating the exchange of materials, lessons, and program updates among teachers.

Looking ahead, I recommend paying attention to details such as spelling (e.g., on the product page) and maintaining consistency in font size and style (e.g., on the marketing page). Consistency and professionalism in these aspects are crucial for building trust with investors and projecting a cohesive brand image.

1. Andrew

FEEDBACK: (meant for above)

5. delapena

FEEDBACK:

Hi Noor,

I like how you are tackling the issue of PD not being a one size fits all. I can relate to this when I go to PD and it is repetitive and/or redundant. In regards to your Venture, I have some wonderings. I understand that each district is going to operate a little differently but what I am not clear on who is going to be investing in this. For example, where I live, is my district going to invest in this or is it geared towards the Teacher Associations that look after the PD? I feel a little more clarity as to who this is geared for would be beneficial. Another wondering is what samples are there to provide investors with? I think this is a good venture and again, tackling PD not being a one size fits all is a challenge. I feel if you addressed who is going to invest in this, it would strengthen this venture. Thank you for putting this together.

Jeremiah

6. aturpin

FEEDBACK

Hi Noor,

I think you’ve got a great idea here. An enterprise that allows teachers to connect like this is truly a wonderful thing. Most teachers, myself included, are always looking for better ways to enhance our own professional development. What I wonder, what kind of added opportunities are there? Also, what ideas do you have for growth for your enterprise? Would there be a selected group of people that would serve as mentors? Overall, this truly is a great thing. In terms of coming up with our own enterprise, I for one found the process very difficult, trying to find, or discover something that would be useful, yet something that there’s not already tons of different versions of. I think you’ve covered that in a sense. You have given us something that is definitely more original. It’s definitely something that I think many teachers would make very good use of.

Thank you for sharing,

Adam Turpin

7. sacree

Hi Noor,

I’d sign up today. This is a great venture that takes on an ongoing issue for schools and teachers and provides an avenue to a more meaningful and developmental PD pathway I enjoyed your elevator pitch, and your enthusiasm helps sell the idea.

One question I have is about client retention. How will this venture tailor the experience and engage teachers in a progression, perhaps changing focuses along the way, to keep them on the subscriber list beyond the initial experience? I like the idea of encouraging learning communities to engage together rather than just as individuals.

Great idea, and a great pitch.

8. Bianca Therese Joson

FEEDBACK:

Hi Noor,

I think your platform resonates with a lot of teacher needs. I taught for 5 years at a private language school and I definitely felt I needed personalized PD sessions. I like the PD sessions presented by my peers but I found that an hour of it is not enough to be impactful in my classroom practice. I particularly liked the lack of collaboration section you included. When I was teaching, I wanted more time to work with my colleagues to share ideas but our time is pretty much taken up by classroom time with the students.

Your venture needs to design a plan to attract teachers to deliver their PD courses on your platform. You also need to give the investors an outline of a plan of how to market your platform to get users. The marketing section of the Venture Pitch would also need to be more developed. I’m wondering if we could get some specific metrics regarding the type of PD services teachers register for and if these services differ from teachers in the elementary and high school level.

In terms of the overall look of the website, please pay attention to font styles, capitalization, and indentation within text in content blocks.

I think this Venture Pitch has the potential if ever you pursue to develop it further. You definitely have a market.

9. Braden Holt

FEEDBACK:

Hi Noor,

I appreciate your vision on this as I have found myself in a dry Pro-d more often than not. Your elevator pitch was clear and professional, but as an investor I am left wondering where the revenue will be coming from. In your venture pitch it is also not clear whether you expect your main market to be district level or individual teachers. Either way, I hope your product makes it into my school one day!