Trends Shaping Education 2010

Trends Shaping Education 2010 is available online at the UBC library. It indicates how trends in different sectors (globalisation, social challenges, the world of work, children and families and technology) have an impact on education. The countries which are sources of data are mainly members of the OECD, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

This publication is mostly useful for education administrators, policy makers, researchers and teacher trainers. Teachers may use it to influence their practice, but there no direct links to curriculum or resources and as such is not very relevant to their day-to-day work.

Trends Shaping Education 2010 offers information on a global scale and shows trends for the individual OECD member countries as well. However, it does not give information on specific or local markets related to education. Thus, Trends Shaping Education 2010 is useful for venturers as a way to generally predict the success of companies.

I might use this publication in the future to see how global and OECD trends affect education. The data are explained in simple terms and at 100 pages per year, it’s a worthwhile read. I would only recommend it to those who I know are interested in long term global trends and their impact on education.

Posted in: Uncategorized