This article talks about how Del is tryi…

This article talks about how Del is trying to find solutions for schools that can support their learning platforms of choice and the things that they would like to do with educational technology.

When I took ETEC 500, I did a paper on using ipods in the classroom to help my French Immersion students improve their oral French.  Much of the research in my literature review revealed that one of the major problems with the many companies that are producing applications and programs for handheld devices is that there are so many different platforms out there.  Eventually, they will need to find a common platform that will work for everyone around the world.  The key will be for the companies to work together, which may not be an easy task.

With their work in the schools, Del is trying to created learning platforms that will cater especially to each individual student.  Their goal is improve teaching, learning and student achievement.  Otherwise, experts believe that without an effective learning platform, there will be a lot of expensive “typewriters” in the schools.

Posted in: Uncategorized