Hello from Burnaby!

Hi everyone!

My name is Juliano Ng and I am a grade 6/7 teacher with the Burnaby School District. I have been teaching in Burnaby since 2015 and prior to that I was a TOC in the Chilliwack School District from 2013-2015. This is my third MET course and I am taking ETEC 512 this semester as well so it will be my first time taking two MET courses concurrently.

In my spare time I like to play golf, ice hockey, and volleyball. During Winter/Spring/Summer Break, my wife and I love to travel. She loves the sun so we typically go to warm, sunny locations such as Hawaii or California.

In terms of mobile education, I want to be able to persuade teachers into believing that mobile devices don’t always have to be a distraction and can be a valuable tool to aid in our students’ education. With the suspension of in-school education, I think that this has helped open the eyes of many teachers to the idea that mobile education has value and has actually helped students demonstrate their learning even more than when they were restricted to activities completed in the classroom.

2 responses to “Hello from Burnaby!”

1. tyler graham

The instructions said to find things in common with colleagues and hockey and teaching in Burnaby certainly meet the criteria!! What school are you at and where do you play out of?

1. Juliano Ng

Hi Tyler!

I teach grade 6/7 at Nelson Elementary School. I currently play in Coast Hockey League in Richmond, I used to play ASHL in 8 Rinks but the skill level and intensity was a little too high for my liking. I like that Coast is more relaxed and to my skill level.

How about yourself?