Howdy!

Coming at you from Vancouver, BC. Kitsilano for those to whom that would maybe mean something. I’m a high school French Immersion teacher in Burnaby (more recently in my dining area though) to pay my bills and fulfill a passion. And I’m a bedroom musician and beer-league hockey player exclusively to fulfill some other passions. They’re very expensive hobbies so it’d be great if someone would pay me to do them! I also like driving far away from home for little adventures.

This is I guess my third semester in EdTech, though I took last semester off entirely. I’m glad to back at it though and I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I was intrigued in Dr Vogt’s intro, saying that the “most common mistake of students in this course is assuming that because some aspect of education can occur on a mobile device it is automatically exemplary of mobile education“. So I’m looking forward to exploring the distinction.

7 responses to “Howdy!”

1. JamieTooze

Hi Tyler,

It is nice to meet you and I look forward to working with you on Assignment #2. I think we lucked out with our topic but I agree that Dr. Vogt’s warning about what constitutes an exemplary model of mobile education is intriguing and will likely be extremely relevant to our topic.

All the best,
    Jamie

2. TYLERSENINI

Hey another Tyler! nice to meet you.

3. Jamie Ashton

Hey Tyler,

Kits is my usual home ground when I’m in town! Nice to be in another course with you 🙂

1. tyler graham

Same! It’s oddly comforting seeing a familiar name and avatar photo. :]

4. anne emberline

Hi Tyler! I’m also a musician on the side. What do you play? I’ve been playing bass in a new post-metal band for the past year. We were finishing up writing our first set of songs and were hoping to start playing shows this summer but I guesssss that won’t happen now for a long time. I miss concerts!

1. tyler graham

Hi Anne! Guitar is the only one I get to say I’m good at – and like almost every guitar player, I play a bit of bass too. Bummer you won’t get to play for people in the summer. But who knows? Maybe everything will change very abruptly – I mean it already did once. 😛

5. Ram

Hi Tyler, I agree. For me this is a thought-provoking, meaningful statement that I will keep in mind through out the course.
    “The most common mistake of students in this course is assuming that because some aspect of education can occur on a mobile device it is automatically exemplary of mobile education.”