EPIC-Education Site App

Epic is an educational app that helps students with their reading skills. Epic was created back in 2013 but has continued to prove its importance in the online education world. Epic has incorporated many different reading assessment programs that educators use. With the assessments in place teachers can assign different books to the students at different reading levels. Epic was created by Suren Markosian who is CEO and Kevin Donahue. Epic is mobile friendly allowing users to log in using any device rather than just a desktop computer. Epic has added more content rather than just books to read people can use Epic to watch educational movies, clips, have books read to them, complete quizzes and assignments that teachers have assigned to each individual student.

Check out the site here: EPIC

https://www.getepic.com/

One response to “EPIC-Education Site App”

1. erin duchesne

Teaching remotely starting in the spring and continuing into the 2020/21 school year, I have used EPIC every single day. Having a digital resource like Epic allows me to select a book at each group’s appropriate level, and have many topics to choose from depending on interests, units we are learning or skills they rewording on. I can open the book on one screen, share my screen so my students can see it as I turn the pages and I can also see them on my other screen so I can monitor the group. You can also invite your class to join, giving them access to the books to read on their own.
    Some things to be aware of if you are going to use Epic with your class are that they cannot search by reading level like you can in RazKids as well as the levels indicated on the book does not always align with F&P levels so you should scan through the book yourself to see if it is the right fit.