Knowledge Hook

Knowledgehook is a free instructional guidance system for math, based on Canadian math curriculums. It has accounts for teachers to use with students, as well as for parents to use with their children. The system has math missions for students to complete at their own pace. Students can earn badges and complete mathalons, earning medals and pennants.

Teachers and parents can use knowledgehook as formative assessment to provide instructional support. The system identifies the learning goals where a specific student is excelling or struggling, and provides resources to parents and teachers for student remediation. Teachers can use the missions provided, or create their own missions. A feature, I really like about knowledgehook is that students can take pictures of their work and upload it for their portfolio. Students can work at their own pace with missions or play a gameshow with their peers.

At school, students have used their phones to play knowledge hook, and as a teacher I use the teacher app to learn insights into my students knowledge. I highly recommend knowledgehook for math teachers.