Mobile Bible

By Tracey Stevens on June 1, 2018

Not a religious person (more spiritual), I wanted to understand how mobile technologies are impacting culture in the way of religion and teaching religion and fell upon :

https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/embed/#?secret=BDyfibyNwr

This is a mobile version of the Bible but all main religions have similar apps. This app can change the way people understand their religion, worship, and communicate with other members of their faith. This mobile app in fact has been installed over 350 million times and makes the Bible far more accessible than reading a large – in print version (even allowing for bookmarking certain sections of interest) and is available in multiple languages and supports all mobile platforms.  And, the app is extending the reach of the religion by allowing more people to practise without having to actually be in a church. Similar to the rest of social media, the user is still looking for more personalization when it comes to their religion and what portions of the Bible are most important to them. So perhaps apps can really teach religion and engage people in a spiritual way.Average: 3.6/5 Stars

One response to “Mobile Bible”

1. TYLERSENINI

I found this one interesting so I posted it in our forum. I liked it because I use it and find it very interesting how one book has come so far from its creation and has continued to be important in every year it has been around. The bible now has been created into an app that every christian can pull up whenever they need it instead of carrying around the heavy paper versions. This app is part of the mobile culture because it demonstrates how cultures, in this case a religious culture can use the app to carry the message of their religion into the next century. Having used this app it is a simpler way to take notes, study and read the bible.