digital Human Library

A number of years ago at a conference, I went to a session about the Digital Human Library (dHL). The Canadian teacher who had set up the dHL was a primary teacher who was gathering websites, tools, lessons, etc., into one spot. In particular, she wanted to gather all of the animal webcams from different zoos into one spot. She was trying to eliminate the constant surfing of the net for resources. It soon developed into the Digital Human Library. This site is now “Canada’s premier digital experiential library”, where educators can visit and access links to multiple resources from K-12. There are links for all sorts of “connections-based learning.” One of the interesting aspects of the website is their social innovation projects through which students learn citizenship and leadership skills. This is also a place where educators can access and even add content for connections that they have found. One link will bring you to the Walk With Us Project which was actually started by a UBC graduate student. This site has lots to offer for any teacher and for any level. I have enjoyed seeing this site develop and grow over the years and it is one of the first places I will look for content to support my lessons.

digital Human Library

One response to “digital Human Library”

1. adriana silvestre

Hi Meipsy,
    Thank you for this resource. This is a very valuable resource, especially during the COVID time. Just by looking at the examples, the library contains many educational virtual resources that can help in the classroom, and during online learning. I am looking to see how to register and get access to the library, especially now that is free to try.