A1- Naver Papago

Originally posted by YoonJu Na Oct 2019

For my A1 assignment, I decide to analyze mobile Translator “Naver-Papage”

I have never used this mobile application in the past but through this assignment, I was able to explore the application.

Please click below to see my website.

https://yna075.wixsite.com/papagoanalysis

One response to “A1- Naver Papago”

1. Jonathan

What drew me to this resource are two things. First, I have spent time in Korea and am familiar with Naver. It is a company similar to Google that has a strong foothold on the Korean market. It’s primarily a search engine but with mapping and also translating. Second, the fact that this is a translation app isn’t in itself remarkable, but the personalization could be. Most Korean students are familiar with Naver. Coming to Canada, having them jump on to a new company’s app might seem like no big deal to us, but Google is set up for multiple languages while Naver specializes in Korean to English. Also, according to what I’m learning in ETEC532, individuals and corporations have a lens, and their dominant message might not be inclusive to others. Having this localized app, which comes with associated news and more specialized translations, could help students feel more included and supported.