Portable Welding Training System

I was fortunate to see this welding training system at a pro-d event in person. To be able to execute high quality welds, many hours of practice must be put in. This program offers instant feedback, without an instructor present. The simulation mode virtually offers a danger free environment to learn, along with the benefit of cost savings as no consumables are used. There are consideration such as price, clean space, and durability that need to be addressed to make it suitable for a high school environment, but nonetheless, a piece for technology that offers a drastically new way to learn a trade/skill.

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipment/training-solutions/training-equipment/livearc-welding-performance-management-system-m00803

One response to “Portable Welding Training System”

1. Meg

Hi Michael – this is super interesting!! My husband is a welder so I showed him the machine. It would save so much money and time! And allow for enhanced practice before taking on the real thing. The only limitation I see is that there is no way that a simulation machine could replicate the multitude of situations you’ll encounter as a welder, but it would provide a consistent common ground for beginner welders! It would be a great addition to a high school or entry leve wedding program.

Now I wonder if there’s something like this for my Foods classes??