HITRECORD – Online Creative Collaboration

HitRecord is a platform that is built on people coming together to create music, art and film through a mobile app or desktop version. It was created by Joseph Gordon-Levitt just over a decade ago. To get involved all you need to do is search through the projects, find one you are interested in and collaborate by adding your voice, drawing, music ….

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pOUK0Nak8gQ

A current project is “Stories of Canada”. You can add you own pictures, stories or videos and become part of something larger than you could create on your own.

If you are interested in using the program with your students , check out HitRecord in the Classroom .

( Average Rating: 4.5 )

8 responses to “HITRECORD – Online Creative Collaboration”

1. sean gallagher

I love impromptu, unplanned, unscripted collaboration like this.

I can’t help but be reminded of the “Exquisite Corpse”!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse

2. andrea newland celestine

This is amazing to have a online community of artists to share, use the content that’s posted on the site and collaborate – this is the future of open learning platforms. I will definitely be using this resource. I am actually looking at content I can play with now. Thank you!

3. TyroneSittingEagle

Hello DeeDee,

I found your topic very interesting and started trying to create a project using the desktop version. I strongly feel students will be attracted to this type of mobile software since TikTok and other short video app have exploded with the youth. From experience, the students in Siksika Nation Jr/Sr.are interested in sharing their stories from negative-positive. This is an amazing opportunity for students, including their families, teachers to share experience or simply share their knowledge with everyone.

1. DeeDee Perrott

Hi Tyrone,
      I really like how HitRecord allows you to use your specific interests or strength as you collaborate. Using the different talents and voices of your students to tell their stories, I think you could create an phenomenal project. I would love to see what they produce.

4. loveleen kour reen

Hi DeeDee,

I liked your post as it gives a peek into what the future is holding for people in terms of online learning. Connecting, collaborating, contributing and curating will be some of the ways online learning will take place irrespective of age. Also with 5G technology and mobile devices readily available people will be willing to collaborate more in the online community. By reading your post on Hitrecord, it reminded me of the online coding platforms like Scratch and Code.org which use the same concept of remixing the projects as Hitrecord. Although at the elementary and secondary level the learners create the work and post their work online for others to remix it. Here are the links to these websites:

https://studio.code.org/projects/public

https://scratch.mit.edu/

Becoming part of an online community, contributing and adding to each others’ work while maintaining digital literacy and citizenship, today’s learners are adapting to new ways of mobile and digital education.

1. DeeDee Perrott

Thanks for adding some similar programs. We are looking to write a CTS course on coding at our school and Studio code is one a site I had not heard about.

5. Seo-Whi Kwon

Hi DeeDee, thank you for sharing this. I can see this working for class projects or even for simple assessments. The diversity of topics and resources is quite fascinating! I think I’m going to use this in my class next week!

6. kelvin nicholls

Hi DeeDee,

Thank you for reminding us of this great resource. I have been amazed with some of the content that HitRecord has created. It is such a unique opportunity to be able to contribute and collaborate with a creative community, especially at the scale that HitRecord accesses. I did not know that there was a classroom focused HitRecord site, so I look forward to exploring this and possibly using it with my students.