Kadama

Kadama’s story piqued my interest as I was searching for a topic related to my Moveable Feast project (Video Primary). Kadama is a new company looking to disrupt the tutoring world by employing mobile technology to connect tutors with students in an efficient and timely manner. I have seen other platforms on the internet that share similarities to Kadama, like fiverr, but Kadama focuses soley on tutors for secondary school students. This makes it an ideal spot for a student to simply write a request for help with an essay or something and perhaps within hours a tutor will accept the request and immediately set up a study session. Important to this course, Kadama is also unique in that it is solely a mobile platform (unfortunately only on Apple at the moment, no Android yet) and it utilizes teenager-focused social media in efforts to create effective marketing, which is how I came across the company originally. Simply put, Kadama makes TikTok videos that focus on quick mini lessons on how to study more efficiently (study hacks). These videos often become popular and organically(?) show up in peoples’ feeds which then directs eyes towards the actual product. I like the marketing, I like the platform, I like how they pivoted to mobile and online only at the start of the pandemic, and overall I just really like how easy they have made it for students to receive help with their school work. Tutoring is an interesting market in education because of it’s niche and alternative nature, so it’s neat to see a disruption in the field, specifically making use of mobile tools, platforms, and marketing!

Source: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/seattle-tutoring-app-founders-learn-harness-tiktok-build-huge-base-potential-users/

One response to “Kadama”

1. Wendy Mulligan

Kadama sounds like a really useful app that looks super-appealing to teenagers. The fact that it’s mobile-friendly is great! I like the idea of a student being able to connect with an actual person to help them with their work, when they don’t have access to a teacher. I found myself wondering about the security and privacy of this app. How do they screen their tutors for qualifications and legitimacy? What measures do they have in place to protect students’ privacy? If it’s reliable, Kadama looks like a great tool for students to learn anywhere, anytime!