“Clean with Me” Culture on YouTube

There was a post by LINDA ZHAO on on May 30, 2020 on “Study With Me” Culture on Youtube.

I find these studying videos can give viewers a sense of connectedness especially in the current pandemic situation where people cannot gather to study together. I remember that I was better focused and more productive while studying with my buddies during my undergrad years. So, if people can study virtually together this way to get motivated and feel connected, this culture can be beneficial academically, socially, and emotionally.

While searching for current mobile media culture and trends I found these YouTube videos called “Clean with Me.” This is very interesting and some people find these videos motivational and informative as these YouTubers provide useful cleaning tips and tutorials while others feel just absurd watching other people cleaning their houses. It is certainly true that there is a YouTube channel for everything and everyone these days!

As a big fan of mobile contents on home organization tips and cleaning hacks on Instagram, I can see these cleaning house videos can have benefits (motivational and inspirational). What do you think? Would you be interested in watching these people cleaning their houses?

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

4 responses to ““Clean with Me” Culture on YouTube”

1. emma pindera

I can definitely see the value of “clean with me” but I don’t think I would personally watch it. I love that you say, “It is certainly true that there is a YouTube channel for everything and everyone these days!” Because you are absolutely right!

I think with the amount of content being created and curated daily, it is impossible to keep track of everything. In my parent’s generation there was only a few tv channels generating content. Now with the internet, streaming, and satellite TV, we could never be able to watch everything. It is the exceptional that stand out, that allow us to connect with others over shared viewings. The internet is a vast source of “world knowledge” (Norman 2013), and for those passionate about cleaning, or looking to clean their home more efficiently, it’s nice to know there is a community for that!

1. Esther Yang

I love that description of the internet as “a vast source of world knowledge.” It implies that learning possibilities are “almost” endless in the world of the internet and there are communities of your interest out there to support you to build your knowledge.

2. BrittanyHack

You are right Esther, these podcasts can indeed be very motivational. One large group of podcasts that have really been picking up interest are Masterclasses. Yes you must pay for a yearly membership, but the tips and council are provided by individuals that are recognized professionals in their occupations. Youtube videos do have their place, but depending on what you are learning, sometimes it is better to have teaching from an expert in the desired field of interest.

1. Esther Yang

Thanks Brittany for introducing Masterclasses (I googled it once and now I see its ads on my social media apps haha). Even with the membership fee, if classes are taught by experts in the fields, I would definitely interest in looking into the learning contents there.