Greetings!

Hi everyone!

My name is Graham Herrick. This course will be my third course in the MET program. Currently, I live in Beijing, China, however after eight years here in China, my wife and I will be moving back to Ontario in October.

I originally came over to China after completing my BA to teach ESL. Over the years, I transitioned into corporate training focusing on intercultural communication and then into instructional design. For the past few years, I have been working as an e-Learning developer. I am excited to get started in the course and look forward to exploring how mobile technologies can continue to bridge cultures and make the world a smaller place for individuals to explore and build connections.

Outside the Forbidden City.

3 responses to “Greetings!”

1. Sarah Ng

Hi Graham, nice to meet you. It is very cool to know that you want to bridge cultures. I can’t wait to hear more about your experience in China!

2. benjamin coulombe

Hi Graham,

Sounds like we have followed similar paths! I too taught overseas for around 8 years and have just returned to Ontario in an attempt to transition into out of the classroom and into more of design role. My wife is Ecuadorian and the transition to Canada has been challenging for both of us. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any advise on the transition process. Looking forward to working with you throughout the course!

3. miguel rojas ortega

I can’t wait to teach abroad! I really want to travel and teach all over the world, what a phenomenal experience that would be. This will be a perfect course for your area of expertise and wish you the best in this new chapter in your life. Best wishes with your move!