Hello from BC

Hello everyone, I am Ana!

I’m a busy mama with two beautiful children, a boy and a girl (4 and 2). I have been a teacher for over 14 years and have experience teaching K-12 in a variety of subject areas. Interacting and making great connections with students, providing engaging and equitable learning opportunities, and ensuring students feel safe and encouraged, are at the core of my teaching philosophy. This is my 7th course in the MET program, I specifically chose to do this course because I want to immerse and explore new knowledge. Also, utilize the experience to make my students learning experience a fun and memorable one.
When I am not teaching and spending time with my little family, I enjoy CrossFit, listening to music, or doing anything outside.
I look forward to working collaboratively with all of you!

4 responses to “Hello from BC”

1. SallyB

Hi Ana!
    I was wondering if I would recognize anyone from our summer courses! 🙂
    See you out there!

1. analesa crooks-eadie

Yeah! great to see you again!

2. Sam Charles (He/Him/His)

Hi Ana! Welcome. I am the father of fraternal twins, and despite them being 13, they still keep us super busy. Although I’m not a teacher, it has been interesting to consider the various perspectives of elementary and secondary teachers in my courses to date. Look forward to learning and working with you this term.
    Having completed 7 courses, do you have any tips for success in the program?

1. analesa crooks-eadie

Hi Sam! Twins are so cool, such a blessing!
      Tips:
      (I should do this more haha)– stay ahead of readings, don’t be afraid to ask for help, and collaborate with others:-)