8 responses to “Hello from Toronto”

1. Sarah Ng

Hi Jessica, nice to meet you! Can’t wait to hear more from you this course.

2. gary reimer

Hi Jessia, I’m a history buff as well. French Revolution, Hanseatic League, Weimar Germany, mostly. Welcome to the course!

1. JessicaCammaert

Awesome! Do you listen to history podcasts? The History of England podcast is incredible – it’s my cooking companion.

3. Feras Alachek

Hi Jessica. Nice to meet a colleague from Ontario. It is getting chilly these days huh?

I agree that it is a bit of a curve to sail on this program, but I am glad that you are in instructional design already. It is an interesting field for me (from a teacher’s perspective).

See you around

1. JessicaCammaert

Agreed! It is such an important perspective and really has helped me to think most holistically about course design and implementation.

4. Erica Hargreave

Lovely to meet you, Jessica. What area of history do you tend to research and write about?

1. JessicaCammaert

Nice to meet you too, Erica! My teaching and research was mostly focussed on West Africa, and particularly women, gender and sexuality in the 20th century. I’ve worked to critique the impact of colonial development policies on women and children in rural northern Ghana. I published a book back in 2016, but it’s mostly just collecting dust on my bookshelf;)

1. Erica Hargreave

Interesting. What is the book that you wrote called?