3 responses to “Mentoring Goes Mobile”

1. MEGANHOULE

Interesting Jessica, I hadn’t heard of MentorCity. We used https://www.tenthousandcoffees.com/ when I was working at a University. As a mentor it was easy to use, but I can’t speak to the anlaytics or the administrative side of things. I’m going to have to go check out the other tools you mentionned!

2. grace reid

Additionally, I’m torn as to whether the ‘rating’ system makes it feel less collegial?

3. grace reid

Jessica,
    This is fascinating. Thank you for sharing these platforms. I am really interested in the idea of using such tools for teachers new to the field of education. Especially the educators that did a practicum during the pandemic and have never experienced a ‘normal’ school year. I see great value in the immediacy of such technology and how that would allow for more organic connections and conversations for mentees and mentors. I also predict that the ease of using mobility to support educators is low stakes for those uncomfortable working with larger groups. I think it would allow for a ‘safe’ place to ask questions and work through problems.