A1 – Analysis of the Chinese Fitness App “Keep”

Hello everyone, welcome to my project.

Below is the video for my analysis of the Chinese fitness app “Keep”.

After watching the video, please consider the following questions: With the advancement of mobile technology, can fitness app replace traditional gym and personal trainers? Do you prefer training with an AI personal trainer with a smart fitness mirror? Or training with a real person? Why?

Thank you.

2 responses to “A1 – Analysis of the Chinese Fitness App “Keep””

1. mitchell way

Your excellent presentation start with a question Kangjian, would you prefer an AI workout partner?

I say no, there is something to the social aspect of a “workout buddy”. In watching it I realized that the running portion solved this by making that part social. That’s great!

That being said, this whole video was like watching a flashback of my entire Kinesiology undergrad degree. Everything looks accurate including the criticism of the app when it comes to body fat% (but hey, nobody has really found a golden-rule on that one).

Great job!

1. Steve(Kangjian) Su

Hi Mitchell, thank you for enjoying watching my video and answering my question. The Keep app has some features to help users create a social connection, but users are trained with either an AI or sample videos most of the time. I agree that “workout buddy” is an important reason for social interaction, and AI cannot provide the same training experiences and engagement. Thank you for your response.