A1 – Best apps for foreign language learning

Hi guys! In this video I share the results of my research on the best apps on the market for foreign language learning. There are many options, obviously more than the five mentioned here, but I narrowed the list down to just this handful. I’ve been learning Spanish and German for quite awhile now and had time to play with different products. In this video, I share my top four picks. Hope you enjoy it and find it useful. BTW, this is my first project with Videoscribe.

Heil, CR., et al. (2016). A Review of Mobile Language Learning Applications: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities. The EuroCALL Review. 24(2):32-50. doi:10.4995/eurocall.2016.6402.

( Average Rating: 4.5 )

4 responses to “A1 – Best apps for foreign language learning”

1. Sarah Ng

Thank you for presenting this in a bite size piece! Videoscribe looks really fun to work in. Your information was valuable and easy to digest! I have definitely booked marked you apps for when I am ready and able to travel again!

2. gary reimer

I’m really glad it was helpful. It’s quite hard to condense hours of research into two minutes but, on the other hand, it does force you think about what’s essential and relevant. One of the take-aways for me was that there is no one “best” app, it just depends on what your goals are. Bonne chance pour ton étude!

1. hasssae1

Merci mon ami

3. hasssae1

Hi Gary,
    Thank you for this, well-designed. I have never used Videoscribe but it looked super cool.
    I appreciate how concise and clear this presentation was. You outlined the pros and cons quite clearly, and it actually helped me make a decision right away. I was looking for an App that could help me get started with learning French, and your presentation encouraged me to sign up with Babbel tonight. Thank you for this.