Hello, hello

I’m a settler coming to you today from the ancestral territories of the Kwantlen and Katzie First Nations. I am grateful for their stewardship of the land and my ability to live, work and play here.

My undergrad is in leadership from Trinity Western University, and this is my third MET course after 500 and 512. I have much to learn and am delighted to be in community with you all!

I currently work for Kwantlen Polytechnic University as an accessibility advisor. I’m very interested in the intersection between technology, disability, and Indigeneity.

Cheers!

One of my fave meals!

8 responses to “Hello, hello”

1. Eduardo Rebagliati

Nice to have you in this group, Tamaka. I must say I’m feeling hungry after seeing this picture! Looks like what we’ll be learning in this course will be very useful for your role as accessibility advisor. Looking forward to learning together.

2. tamaka fisher

Thanks Megan! It’s so nice to see familiar names and faces. Let’s see what the future brings and we bring to the future ????

3. JenniferPetrovics

Tamaka, there is an indigeneity and technology course with MET that is excellent. I cannot tell you how much I learned from that course and still use to this day as I work towards decolonizing my thinking, my classroom and my teaching.

1. tamaka fisher

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you! Thanks for the referral to that course. I hope to get in to it this fall. I’ve been taking courses through BC Campus that I highly recommend. The Pulling Together courses are taught by Indigenous instructors in higher education. The texts are available freely on the BC campus website.

You and I have been walking some of the same paths. The work of unlearning colonial paradigms and working towards decolonization of thinking and actions is sometimes uncomfortable, but necessary.

I look forward to learning with you!

4. zheng xiong

Nice meeting you Tamaka, I am pleased to know you. We share the same education background, my master’s was also in leadership at Trinity Western University.

1. tamaka fisher

Hi Zheng,

Wonderful to meet a TWU alum! I look forward to co-learning with you. I am excited to connect, tap into and be a contributor of the wisdom of this group.

Have a great day!

1. zheng xiong

How nice to know you, Tamaka! I’m looking forward to this course with you and other peers. Happy long weekend!

5. Megan Ravenhill

So nice to be in another class with you again, Tamaka! I look forward to furthering our learning together 🙂