7 responses to “Hi~ It’s Vera Xiong”

1. MichaelErickson

Hi Vera, I spent a year living in China but was situated in Tianjin so I spent most of my time in the north. I would have loved to see more of south China (the furthest I got was Kunming but I doubt that is considered ‘southern’ China) but the country was just way too big with way too much to see!

1. zheng xiong

Hi Michael, Kunming would be considered the South-West region of China. Oh it’s a great city with mild weather and beautiful plantation! I’m glad you visited both Tianjing and Kunming. What’s a fun memory during your visit to China?

2. John Wu

Hi Vera, nice to see a fellow coffee person in the class! It’s also part of my daily routine but at this point, I’m pretty sure I’m immune to the effects of caffeine haha. I used to play Tennis around the Minoru courts though I prefer Badminton more in the recent years.

1. zheng xiong

Hi John, I wonder what’s the daily average caffeine intake? For me, I can only take two shots of espresso in the morning and sometimes will add another pull-over at dinner if I have more studying to do in the evening. One fun fact that I figured out is friends of mine who have high caffeine tolerance, coincidently all have high alcohol tolerance. Obviously, I am neither of them. What about you?

1. John Wu

It probably differs between each person though it’s probably not healthy to exceed average daily intake levels (like with any food or supplements). That’s an interesting observation, never realized there could be a potential correlation between caffeine and alcohol tolerance levels!

3. Eduardo Rebagliati

Hello, Vera. I remember we were in the same class for ETEC 540. Looking forward to learning together in this course! I like making coffee in a moka pot – what’s your favourite way of making it?

1. zheng xiong

That’s right Eduardo, it’s a small world, isn’t it? I recall that you have insightful discussion posts shared in that course. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Mobile Learning in this one.