LGBTQIA+ Visibility on Mobile Technology – A1

Queer The Air

My critical analysis explores the queer presence on the mobile culture and its often positive and sometimes negative influences. Many apps and platforms such as TikTok, Instagram and Twitter increase the visibility of the LGBTQIA+ community. For some users of mobile technologies, it is an opportunity to find answers to questions related to gender identities or sexual orientation and to encourage “queerlaboration”. For others, it is a platform that allows anonymous sharing of homophobic or transphobic comments.

Queer The Air is 10 short Reels from my (new) Instagram account brought together in an infographic. These videos offer a global perspective and summarize a more extensive research process. You will find additional information in the resources to continue exploring the topics that particularly interest you. I hope to help educators supporting their learners by opening the door to the rainbow mobile culture.

Happy Pride month! 

#queertheatmosphere

Infographic

Resources & References

Follow me on Instagram

4 responses to “LGBTQIA+ Visibility on Mobile Technology – A1”

1. zheng xiong

Hi Sebastien, happy Pride month! Thanks for making the video and bringing up the subject of gender study. I wish you could share more about gender studies or things you are still confused about gender studies. Other than dating apps, what about some other resources that going to help people be more aware of the LGTBQ1 community.

2. Megan Ravenhill

Well done, Sebastien! I really enjoyed your informative videos. I could absolutely see myself showing these to my students as they are engaging and knowledgable! Thank you!

3. tamaka fisher

Hi Sebastien, Happy Pride Month to you too! Thank you for such a rich cultural resource for all things queer. This was the first time I heard the term, queerbaiting, for companies that capitalize on queer culture for profit and geofencing. I learn with humility and belief that love is love.

1. sebastien renald

Thanks Tamaka for taking the time to comment. We couldn’t agree more! Love is love. 🙂