A1: de facto m-learning

I have been at my wit’s end for two days trying to hack a solution to get the software to exchange and use information. The feeling of frustration and annoyance was a valuable insight into how some students might feel who only have the use of their phones to access course content on the LMS. I must admit that I abandoned both the phone and the tablet so that I could have the pages open as I followed one tutorial after another in my attempts to load the content via the Moodle LMS, Review My e-learning, and on WordPress without a plug-in. The responsive e-learning project was distorted in so many unattractive shapes. It doesn’t seem to want to play fair even though there is now a plug-in on my new WordPress site that promises to work on the phone. Nevertheless, it has been a valuable lesson about checking out the operability of proprietary and open-source software.

Check out the supposedly responsive e-learning project – an iterative process, to say the least.

eeh-english.page

One response to “A1: de facto m-learning”

1. Robyn Oliver

Elizabeth raises some key points about mobility and accessibility for all. I especially appreciate that she addresses our growing population and how designing specifically for phone connectivity better meets the needs of ALL of our citizens, including immigrants and those living in poverty. In creating mobile learning cultures, we need to remember that designing in platforms that don’t easily translate beyond a laptop, we are contributing to a potentially elitist/tiered learning system – albeit unintentionally.