Greetings, Sebastian

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sebastian and I’m excited to be in this course as I have a keen interest in MLearning.

I’m completing my third and fourth courses this semester and testing-out if taking two courses per semester is manageable.

I am a Trg Development Officer in the Cdn Armed Forces, which is equivalent to an instructional designer/developer. Over the past few years, I’ve had the opportunity to work on alot of fun EdTech projects, including AR (virtual welder + marine technician repair/maintenance via MS HoloLens + Kognitivspark , Simulators with VR (boatswain small boats training), and eLearning (animation, video etc.) for thew new Arctic Offshore Patrol Vessels just to name a few. Overall, I enjoy seeing, learning, and exploring new EdTech tools.

I am mainly a road runner, but have been exploring trail running this summer and recently completed two ultras: Devil’s Ladder in Cumberland and the Finny Ultra in Victoria this past weekend. Overall, positive and memorable experiences and the trail community is amazing. I plan to take the next few days off from running and then get back into training mode to prepare for the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in Oct. After this, I plan to take a break from running to focus on other things in life. If anyone is in the Victoria area or visits and wants to walk, run, hike, and/or cycle, feel free to give me a ping as I’m always down.

Thank you and look forward in learning and collaborating with my course mates.

Sebastian

One response to “Greetings, Sebastian”

1. Elvio Castelli

Hey Sebastian, it’s great to see you again!