5 responses to “Airbeam: Mobile Crowd Sourced Science”

1. michael meroniuk

I’ve defiantly noticed more people talking about air quality in the last few years. I wonder how much of that is due to technology and our exposure to media or air quality is actually getting worse? Great post!

2. andrea newland celestine

Environmental conditions are a huge health hazard when living in a very populated industrialized city. This is an issue I currently face as air quality is moderate at best and rarely good. This device is useful for collecting data and bringing awareness which would allow the user to take necessary steps to safe guard their health. An amazing device would be a portable air purifier and air quality reader to clean the air around you. 🙂 LG launched a portable air purifier mask. I would love to see if it works. But this doesn’t solve the issue of the harm being done to the environment.

3. andrea newland celestine

Environmental conditions are a huge health hazard when living in a very populated industrialized city. This is an issue I currently face as sometimes air quality is moderate at best and rarely good. So the device is useful for collecting data and bringing awareness to user to safe guard their health. What would be an amazing device if there was a portable air purifier to clean the air around you. 🙂 LG launched a portable air purifier mask. I would love to see if it works. But this doesn’t solve the issue of harming the environment.

1. michael meroniuk

Andrea a portable air purifying mask would be amazing !! Honestly, you should develop that!

4. lyndsay barrett

It sounds like thus kind of tech would create opportunities for talking about sustainability both locally (what’s going on around me?) And globally (what’s the air quality like around the world?). Very interesting!